A Little Bit About Us

My photo
Neola, Utah, United States
The Edge Magazine is a lifestyles and culture magazine about the Uintah Basin. We are located in the North-East corner of Utah and we have a TON of fun doing what we do. We feature the positive aspects of the area in which we live with monthly articles, contests, and best of all...PHOTOGRAPHY! We pride ourselves on being able to provide most everyone in your family something that will interest them in the pages of our magazine. We are in our 3rd year of publication and each month keeps getting better and better! We live here, we work here, we love being here and we look forward to seeing you on THE EDGE!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Stephanie's Nutrition Tips - September 2010


    Stephanie Jacobsen gets asked all the time, "What supplements do you take or recommend?" or "What do you eat to look like that?" Her answer? Keep it simple and basic. Eat the most nutrient rich foods and the most natural, well balanced meals possible.


ON FOOD:
"Pretty much if you can catch it, grow it, or kill it, that's what I eat." she laughs. "I stay away from processed foods and sugar. I love chocolate and I don't deny myself that, but I only eat it every once in a while. You have to create a balance and stick to the basic principles of eating healthy."



ON NUTRITION:
"I don't take a lot of supplements. I use whey protein when I don't have access to natural food, but to me, nutrition to me is all about clean eating. It is about putting only the most nutrient rich foods into your body to create your ultimate physique. Nutrition is key in shaping ones physique. I strongly believe you are what you eat. I eat six small meals a day in order to keep my metabolism running efficiently. By eating this way not only have I created a lean, healthy body but also I know I am doing right by my body."*



FAVORTIES:
"I love salmon, sweet potatoes and grilled vegetables. I love oatmeal and nut butters."



*parts of quote taken from an interview with Simplyshredded.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment