A Little Bit About Us

My photo
Neola, Utah, United States
The Edge Magazine is a lifestyles and culture magazine about the Uintah Basin. We are located in the North-East corner of Utah and we have a TON of fun doing what we do. We feature the positive aspects of the area in which we live with monthly articles, contests, and best of all...PHOTOGRAPHY! We pride ourselves on being able to provide most everyone in your family something that will interest them in the pages of our magazine. We are in our 3rd year of publication and each month keeps getting better and better! We live here, we work here, we love being here and we look forward to seeing you on THE EDGE!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Race

By: *Destiny (From The Healthy Edge January 2011)

The anticipation in the air
Awe I feel so stoked
I stretch, I skip, not knowing how this is going to fair
I get in line, hoping to not get poked
The whistle blows and we are off
Go legs Go legs Go legs go
That is I have to keep saying
I say a prayer in my heart, please legs no
Then it happens... the legs say, "I can't do this anymore"
"NO", I hear myself yelling, "you can do this, you must
Just one more mile"
I take a slower pace,
My feet are going in a single file,
Then a burst of a leap to, I face
The adrenaline, and here I go again.
Run, You can do this, I know you can
At last, the Legs say no again,
What, you can't do this to me
So I slow once more, vvvrrooom vvvrrroooom
My feet say, I will try once more.
Here we go again, the wind flowing through my hair feels amazing
The adrenaline is going.
What happened!
I thought I had no more in me
My legs would probably agree
A burst of energy hits
See ya all later, here I go again
Run little legs run, no more fits
The finish line is nearing up ahead
The excitement is building
And the last of the bursts excel
like a bullet being fired like a gun
I did it, We did it, we past the finish line
It feels good, I did not fail.

The END

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment