A Little Bit About Us

My photo
Neola, Utah, United States
The Edge Magazine is a lifestyles and culture magazine about the Uintah Basin. We are located in the North-East corner of Utah and we have a TON of fun doing what we do. We feature the positive aspects of the area in which we live with monthly articles, contests, and best of all...PHOTOGRAPHY! We pride ourselves on being able to provide most everyone in your family something that will interest them in the pages of our magazine. We are in our 3rd year of publication and each month keeps getting better and better! We live here, we work here, we love being here and we look forward to seeing you on THE EDGE!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Edge of Rock - Adam Weston - August 2011


By: M. Michelle Spencer

A soft comforting voice that brings to the forefront of one's mind the likes of such contemporary singers like Jack Johnson and with the ballad like qualities of Marty Robbins and Johnny Horton, Adam Weston is Vernal boy who has caught the eye of some major record companies. "A new style that I hope people will like" is how Adam describes himself and his unique musical renderings. In fact just a few short months ago, Adam signed on with Tate Music Group (TMG) out of Mustang, Oklahoma.

    For Adam this was a very big break in his career and we were excited to share with our Edge readers a little more info about this Utah success story.

TE: So tell me a little bit about yourself.

BS: I am a 24 year-old father of a three year old little boy and the husband to my beautiful wife Amber. I am originally from Logan, UT but I moved to the Uintah Basin when I took a job with Halliburton. I have been working in the music industry for the last 10 years and I love it.

 
TE: So how exactly did you get started?

BS: This is a family thing for me. Ever since I have been old enough to pick up a pair of (drum) sticks, I have been playing music and singing. I have been writing my own songs since the age of 8. I loved it growing up because my brother was also into music but he eventually gave it up when he couldn't get a music deal and he went to medical school.

 
TE: What is your musical background?

BS: I am actually completely self-taught in several instruments. I currently play guitar, bass, piano, and drums and I also sing. Even though I am self taught, I take my music serious and I have won several drum competitions through the years. In fact when I was in high school I was in a band that won Battle of the Bands in Idaho. Our band was good enough that we were offered a recording contract with Stature Records. However our drummer wasn't ready to make a change like that so we didn't take the deal. Shortly after that I went solo and I have been doing it alone ever since.

 
TE: So how exactly did your music deal come about?

BS: I was on the verge of giving up when my wonderful wife encouraged me to send in one more demo. I did this and before I knew it, I was getting a phone call from LeeAnn Webb of TMG asking when we could get together to talk more about a recording contract because their music group loved my demo. That was at Christmas 2010. Can I even say what an amazing Christmas present that was for me and my family. I was just so excited.

 
TE: So what are your current goals?

BS: Well right now my label is having my lay low on the performing side of things until we can launch my album. Next month I am headed back out to Oklahoma to wrap up the rest of the vocal work on my album. The anticipated release date is mid September and we are so excited. Once that is done then I will have a tour schedule set up so that we can promote the album and gain even more exposure for my music.

 
TE: So how can people hear your songs now if it is not at a live concert?

BS: Right now I do have my (single) Long Lost Soldier on My Space. I would love it if people would go in and listen to it. You can find me at http://www.myspace.com/home#!/somebodysrival. You can also go in and search for me on My Space by searching for Adam Weston.

    Adam is excited about the upcoming launch of his album and will share with us here at The Edge all of the details on its release when the time comes, until then, make sure that you go in and check out his single on My Space.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment